The Barrett Financial Services Difference
Where will your financial journey take you? For many people, that’s a tough question to answer. Without a comprehensive plan in place, it’s difficult to know how far your wealth will take you along the path to your dreams. It’s even harder to anticipate the obstacles you may encounter along the way that can jeopardize your ability to reach your goals.
At Barrett Financial Services, we consider ourselves more than financial professionals. We want to contribute to the total quality of life you enjoy by helping you pursue and protect the things you value most in life. Our disciplined planning process begins with the creation of your personalized Financial Blueprint.
Financial Blueprint for Living Life with Purpose
Your personalized Financial Blueprint is a tool that enables us to identify your goals and values, review your current financial situation and determine both challenges and opportunities. Unlike most planning questionnaires that focus solely on gathering information about investments and financial assets, the Financial Blueprint has a philosophical component that helps provide a true sense of what financial independence and well-being really mean to you.
Learn why your personalized Financial Blueprint is such an important tool in the Planning Process.
The Barrett Financial Services Planning Process
At Barrett Financial Services, our experienced CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals and dedicated staff are committed to helping you:
- Preserve and manage your assets
- Prepare for retirement and unexpected events
- Identify and carry out your legacy to benefit your loved ones and future generations.
- Develop your personal financial plan
As your financial partner, we listen and respond to your needs using clear, simple language. We offer personal service, seek to develop innovative strategies, and pledge to lead you with great care along the path to pursuing your goals.
Our process begins with listening to you, analyzing your situation, circumstances, goals and objectives, and recommending strategies designed to meet your needs. Following the implementation of your plan, we monitor your progress against established goals to help ensure you remain on track to pursuing your objectives.
Our disciplined and methodical approach encompasses the following steps:
Step 1 – Request and receive a planning and services packet outlining our process, fees and expenses. Your kit also provides a new client questionnaire and list of requested documents for the review and planning processes, as well as instructions for completing and submitting your information to us.
Step 2 – Delivery of your financial documents to Barrett Financial Services.
Step 3 – Review and organization of your documents by a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM.
Step 4 – Initial meeting – attend a one-hour Financial Blueprint meeting with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM.
Step 5 – Decision to retain a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM or do it yourself.
Step 6 – Creation of your comprehensive financial plan. Your personalized plan will reflect your needs and objectives in these and other areas:
- Tax situation
- Insurance/risk management
- Retirement income
- Education planning
- Cash reserves
- Charitable Giving
- Personal business (if applicable)
Step 7 – Review Meetings – through continual monitoring of your strategies and investments, we will assess the need for adjustments as your needs and/or the financial markets change over time. We will schedule regular reviews to help keep your strategies on track and meet with you whenever you have questions or concerns.
- Three “check-up” meetings per year
- Annual plan review and update
Who We Serve
At Barrett Financial Services, we focus on working with individuals, couples, families and business owners who:
- Are positive and enjoy life
- Place a high value on family, friends and relationships
- Value their money and what it can accomplish for themselves, loved ones and the organizations they support
- Seek to delegate financial planning to create more time for the people and activities most important to them
- Are motivated to implement professional advice and guidance designed to optimize and protect their wealth
- Want to work with a Certified Financial PlannerTM who they trust to place their needs first at all times
- Prefer to be among a limited number of clients who receive unparalleled service and truly personal attention
In an effort to provide the high level of personalized service each client deserves, we only accept a handful of new clients each year. The majority of our clients are referred to us by existing clients. Typically, new clients come to us with investable assets of $300,000 or more. We choose to work with families and individuals who value a long-term professional relationship and are motivated to seek out and follow unbiased and professional financial advice and guidance.
The Barrett Financial Client Commitment
Our Client Commitment is a leading reason why so many of the clients we are privileged to serve refer us to their family members, friends, neighbors and associates.
- We are dedicated to serving you with integrity and full transparency.
- We consistently seek to provide financial guidance that has value beyond investment advice to help you with making smart choices with your money in all areas.
- You can rely on us to remain on top of your financial issues and provide regular feedback regarding the progress you are making toward your goals, including regularly scheduled reviews and follow-up meetings.
- Commitments made to you are fulfilled in a timely manner to meet your needs and expectations.
- Our professional staff will proactively reach out to you ahead of important financial deadlines and to determine what else we can do for you.
- Our advisors and staff are committed to efficient and thorough follow-through on any issues or requests.
- As your advocate and partner, we will encourage you along the way and help you focus on what is most important in your life.